The 2021 IT Salary report from Robert Half, recently released the 10 of the most-coveted computer science certifications in 2021.
1. AWS Certified Solutions Architect: Professional
Abilities validated by this certification:
- Design and deploy dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, and reliable applications on AWS
- Select appropriate AWS services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements
- Migrate complex, multi-tier applications on AWS
- Design and deploy enterprise-wide scalable operations on AWS
- Implement cost-control strategies
2. Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
The CCSP is for IT and information security leaders who are tasked to apply best practices to cloud security architecture, design, operations and service orchestration, including those in the following positions:
- Enterprise Architect
- Security Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Security Architect
- Security Consultant
- Security Engineer
- Security Manager
- Systems Architect
- Average salary (global): $119 880; North America: $150 400
3. Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer (CDPSE)
The certification provides a natural progression for IT professionals involved in the designing, implementing, and managing the technology that stores, collects and transports PII and ensures that privacy is given top priority in the design.
Salary range: $75,000 – $118,000.
4. Certified Data Professional (CDP)
The CDP is an update of the Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP), offered by the ICCP from 2004 until 2015 and upgraded to the CDP. Data Professionals may specialize and certify in the following areas:
Business Analytics, (CDP-BA)
Data Analytics & Design, (CDP-DAD)
Data Governance, (CDP-DG; DGSP)
Data Integration and Interoperability), (CDP-DII)
Data Management, (CDP-DM)
Data & Information Quality, (CDP-DIQ)
Data Stewardship, (CDP-DS)
Data Warehousing (CDP-DW)
Enterprise Data Architecture (Zachman), (CDP-EDA)
Information Systems or IT Management, (CDP-Mgmt)
Public Sector Data Governance (CDP-PSDG; PSDGP)
Salary range: $95 000 – $125 000
5. Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
The Certified Ethical Hacker certification is ideal for an aspiring or current ethical hacker or penetration tester. You are or will be working in a domain within IT or cybersecurity that is focused on the security of systems.
Salary range: $79 500 – $161 500; averages $104 813 , $82 966
6. Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
CISM certification is a globally recognized professional requirement in the IT Security domain and is most suited for security consultants and managers, IT directors and managers, security auditors and architects, security system engineers, CISOs, information security managers, and risk officers.
Average salary (North America): $99 778
7. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is a highly regarded certification for security analysts. The certification aims to ensure that professionals in computer security have standardized knowledge of the field and helps candidates succeed as a computer security professional.
8. Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
The Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE certification) is a series of technical certifications for senior networking professionals involved in the design, building, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of complex enterprise networking infrastructures. The certification program is divided into six separate series and includes the following: collaboration, data center, routing and switching, security, service provider, and wireless.
Average salary: $149 800
9. Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect
This program provides basic knowledge on Microsoft Azure concepts; core Microsoft Azure services; core solutions and management tools; general security and network security; governance, privacy, and compliance features; Microsoft Azure cost management, and service level agreements. This is best for IT personnel who are new with Microsoft Azure.
Average salary: $152 142 (North America)
10. Oracle Certified MySQL Database Administrator (CMDBA)
Oracle, the world’s largest database provider, is by far the world’s most popular open-source database. This digital training helps candidates have deeper knowledge of relational databases so they can manage MySQL applications more effectively.
Salary range: $64 500 – $91 300
HERE’S A LISTING OF RECOMMENDED ENTRY-LEVEL IT CERTIFICATIONS
- Cisco Certified Technician (CCT)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ (ITF+)
- Comp TIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals.
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
SEVEN SOFTWARE CERTIFICATIONS YOU CAN TAKE TO BOOST YOUR IT CAREER:
- Oracle Application Express Developer Certified Expert
- Oracle Certified Professional MySQL 5.6 Developer
- ITIL Foundation
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Developer
- Certified ScrumMaster
- Puppet Labs Puppet Developer
- Project Management Professional
DESIRABLE CERTIFICATIONS FOR COMPUTER PROGRAMMERS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Oracle: Oracle Certified Associate (OCA): Java Programmer. Oracle Certified Professional (OCP): Java Programmer.
- Microsoft: MCPD: Microsoft Certified Professional Developer. …
- CIW: Web Foundations Associate.
For more information, you may view the original story from ZDNet.