At Salesforce’s annual Dreamforce event yesterday, the technology company unveiled several new Slack tools and Slack/Salesforce integrations that “empower everyone to collaborate in channels that unite internal and external teams and streamline workflows.”
Rob Seaman, SVP of product for Slack at Salesforce, said he sees a future in which Salesforce and Slack pave the way for its working Digital HQ model.
Here is an overview of all the new Slack/Salesforce integrations that have been announced:
- Slack-First Commerce provides teams with a better understanding of their businesses by alerting Slack users to new trends, alerts, and other messages that may not be recognized without someone signing up for a separate product.
- Slack-First Experience is designed to manage marketing campaigns and feed data on newly-released content and track metrics.
- Slack-First Platform is a brand new low-code development platform that allows users to create workflows and actions for Salesforce within Slack.
- Trailhead for Slack is a new personalized AI-based learning platform that guides employees through necessary training and education courses within Slack.
- MuleSoft for Slack provides the ability to connect any external app to Slack to eliminate context switching.
- With Quip for Slack, sales teams can embed Quip documents into Slack.
Along with these integrations, three new standalone Slack features have been added to streamline communication with everyone inside and outside an organization.
Slack Clips are short video recordings that users can take of themselves, including screen capture if necessary, and which they can publish as a way of asynchronous collaboration at Slack. Noah Weiss, SVP of the product at Slack for digital HQ products, said that Clips are very similar to an asynchronous version of Huddles, which are informal quick video meetings that Slack launched in June 2021.
Also presented during the event was Slack Connect, a new way for companies that use Slack to communicate with outside partners or customers without having to create a Slack account, and GovSlack, a new version of Slack for government agencies and their contractors that are required to comply with government safety regulations.
For more information, read the original story in TechRepublic.