Google Meet receives a collection of helpful changes to its hand-held tracking feature that reflect ongoing updates to Workspace.
Changes include a new animation to raise hands, notification sounds and adjustments to how hosts are alerted to participants raising their hands.
Google’s breakdown of changes while the update is being introduced for Workspace users is as follows:
- An updated and improved visual icon and animation on the video tile
- The tiles of people with raised hands can be moved to be more visible in the video grid
- Audio notification for all participants when the first raised hand is raised
- A clickable notification indicating the number of hands raised and leading to a chronological view of all participants raising their hands
- That the hand of a participant is automatically lowered after speaking
Google says the new feature will be available for all meetings created by hosts with Workspace Essentials, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, Education Plus, Nonprofit and G Suite Business accounts.
For more information, you may view the original story in The Verge.